Darfur Union in the UK Position on Darfur Referendum by Al-Bashir Government
On the wake of the heinous crimes carried out by the pro government militias against the people of Sudan in Muly and Tia villages, and El-Geneina, the Sudan government has announced their final preparation for the so called Darfur referendum. The motive and action could have not come at a worse time. April 2016 marks the 13th anniversary of the government war on Darfur. The regime is working day and night to execute their plan “b” of dealing with the situation in Darfur. The execution of the plan has been going for a long period of time, and it has now surfaced after Al-Bashir government managed to achieve the precursors of their ultimate final product. The following steps are not listed in a chronologically order.
1. Masterminding and orchestrating a vicious war in the Province
2. Impoverishment and systematic marginalisation of the Province
3. Commit crimes such as genocide and ethnic cleansing, plus promotion of fear to act as a deterrent against people in the region
4. Create divisions between the fabrics that make the Darfur community.
5. Mass enforced displacement of the original/ native population
6. Geographical division of the Province (three to five, as of Jan 2016)
7. From 2014-2016 a new waves of attacks has spread across the region, after the government reform the Janjaweed and the Border Control militias under one umbrella. This new unit is known as the Rapid Speed Force (RSF). It is a notorious group known for committing crimes such as mass rape and killing against the civilians (Tabit crime as an example). This group has somewhat replaced the army and police and it operates above any existing laws and rules.
8. Dismantlement of the IDP camps across Darfur is one of the main objectives of the regime. As the existence of IDP camps acts an evidence for all the atrocities committed by the Al-Bashir and his pro government militias.
9. Then the matter of Darfur Referendum, where the outcome will be quested because the whole show is one sided and it is run by the regime from A-Z. It is going to be rigged just like April 2015 general election.
10. Introducing demographic changes in the Province, where the pro government personals, brought to fight their war, will be rewarded with lands which were cleared by enforced displacement of its native residents.
Because of the aforementioned reasons, the Darfur Union in the United Kingdom calls all the Sudanese people in Darfur to boycott this farce and fabricated show, and to focus on raising awareness among our people to wake up and unit against the aggression of the Sudan regime. We also plea to the international community to do just by the people of Sudan in Darfur, Nuba Mountains, Blue Nile and the whole of Sudan, by putting pressure on the government, and by allowing humanitarian aid agencies to have full access to the troubled areas across the three regions. Also we plea to the UN Security Council to provide the necessary means and powers to the ICC general Prosecutor to pursue the indictees, including the Head of the Sudan regime, Omer Al-Bashir.
A copy of this statement will be send to the following:
1) Office of International Criminal Court’s chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda,
2) The Sudans department, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
3) United Nation, UNAMID Central Press Office, Kenya
4) Office of Secretary General, United Nation
5) Office of Secretary General, African Union
6) The Sudans department, US State Department
Deputy Press Secretary
Darfur Union in the United Kingdom
Please visit our website for the latest at https://darfurunionuk.wordpress.com
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org